5/19 Columbia MD

FORUM Forums Lucinda Williams Lucinda Shows 5/19 Columbia MD

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Lafayette
    Participant

Great reports and I love the bad ass rock goddess mention. Indeed.

West Words
    Participant

I love that the pic’s caption reads simply “Lucinda Williams, badass”. That is the rep she so justifiably deserves. 😀

http://chrisklimek.com/2012/05/21/we-happy-few-drive-by-truckers-and-lucinda-williams-at-a-mostly-empty-merriweather-post-pavilion-reviewed/

We Happy Few: Drive-By Truckers and Lucinda Williams at a mostly empty Merriweather Post Pavilion, reviewed
    Posted on May 21, 2012[attachment=0:2qby670f]Lu NOLA Jazz Fest 2011 badass.jpg[/attachment:2qby670f]

I am experienced. I’ve reviewed the great Louisiana songwriter Lucinda Williams for the Washington Post before, in 2007 and 2009.

I’ve also reviewed Drive-By Truckers, one of my favorite bands, for the Post in 2009, and I’ve interviewed Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley, the band’s two frontmen, separately for DCist, The Examiner, the Washington City Paper and Washingtonian. I was at DBT’s year-ending shows at the 9:30 Club last December, which were amazing.

Saturday night I covered the bill Williams and DBT shared at Merriweather Post Pavilion for the Post. It was a beautiful night and a good show. Too bad almost nobody saw it.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.