5 Nights in LA, 5 Nights in NYC – Lucinda Shows

FORUM Forums Lucinda Williams Lucinda Shows 5 Nights in LA, 5 Nights in NYC – Lucinda Shows

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Lefty
    Participant

I nominate our very own TIM to be our special envoy to meet with Lu & her peops and get this curfew thing straightened out once & for all!

Whaddya say, Tim? 😉

Tim
    Participant

Ray, for one thing, I think the fact that there will be no opening act should help. Hopefully Lu won’t have to utter the dreaded “C” word! Get onstage on time.

Tim
    Participant

Sorry Lefty, your post didn’t appear ’til just now. Yes, I would gladly volunteer to help if I can.

Lefty
    Participant

Maybe INSIDE JOB can get you an audience with Lu & crew, Tim…

How about it, IJ? 🙂

Tim
    Participant

Lefty, I think I would like that, but I don’t want to get beat up either.

While we’re deliberating cheap beer and curfews, how about finding a decent hotel in Manhattan for less than $400 a night?

Lefty
    Participant

@paul_from_losangeles wrote:

While we’re deliberating cheap beer and curfews, how about finding a decent hotel in Manhattan for less than $400 a night?

www.hotwire.com

www.quikbook.com

www.mobissimo.com

3 sites recommended by colleagues, paul – – you already may know about them.

Ray
    Participant

if Tim makes the curfew issue go away, we should all buy him a McSorleys!

Tim, thanks! No opening act could make a difference, but with “tastefully star-studded special guests” (?) who knows….

West Words
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be awesome if the NYC full album shows were all recorded, to make a giant box set? What a Christmas present that would make! 😀

Tim
    Participant

I’ll second that! That would be the ultimate; either the LA shows or the NYC shows, it wouldn’t matter to me.

lucfan4ever
    Participant

Someone please, what time is the curfew? I’m already psyched about traveling all the way to NYC to hear Lucinda Williams on October 4th and haven’t worked the hotel issue yet. Seriously jealous of those who can afford multiple nights, or those in LA who get to buy passes..

Inside Job
    Participant

The curfews will not be an issue in NY (or LA). The shows will start very close to 8 to allow for both the album set and the second set to played. There will not be an opening act, but Fionn Regan, an tremendous young Irish singer will play the 20 minute intermissions in NY. No one will leave these shows disappointed.

ive lost it
    Participant

Inside job, do you work for lucinda?

kyle_tstone
    Participant

I’m heading up from Mississippi to NYC to catch all of the Lu shows. I can’t wait.

When she played Memphis, she coughed during the first three songs and stopped playing. We all went wild because it made her so real. She promised to make it up to us and played well past curfew. The show was unbelievable closing out the show with Carrie Rodriquez, Susan Marshall and Alvin Youngblood Hart joining her for an awesome jam session. It was nice for Lu to basically say, “Screw the curfew!”

jackstraw
    Participant

she can stick her hand in her pocket and pay overtime anytime she wants to *screw* the curfew.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.