2013 Shows

FORUM Forums Lucinda Williams Lucinda Shows 2013 Shows

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    LWjetta
    Participant

Ann Arbor, MI is within driving distance for me.
    Folk Festival with Lucinda on Saturday January 26th.

Saturday’s lineup is led by the folk-pop duo The Civil Wars. The popular act headlined the Michigan Theater last fall.

Also featured Saturday are the great, revered singer-songwriter-performer Lucinda Williams, last in town for a sold-out Ark show in early 2011; indie folk-pop Dar Williams, who has long been a favorite in Ann Arbor; Americana band The Steel Wheels, who’ve played the area several times in recent years; and old-timey musician Frank Fairfield; and West Michigan’s Drew Nelson.

http://www.annarbor.com/entertainment/ann-arbor-folk-festival-announces-2013-lineup/
    lwj

stoger
    Participant

See you there, lwj. Any Fran’s franchises across the border? Multiple Williamses, bring it on. And your subject line was a joy to read: may it be followed up by the need for many many more in this thread.

LWjetta
    Participant

@stoger wrote:

See you there, lwj. Any Fran’s franchises across the border? Multiple Williamses, bring it on. And your subject line was a joy to read: may it be followed up by the need for many many more in this thread.

No Fran’s (only in Canada eh!) but Ann Arbor being a University town I’m sure there are umpteen pubs / restaurants nearby Hill Auditorium.
    Just wondering-Michigan straddles the Ontario border so maybe Lu’s Festival appearance is only the beginning of tour 2013 or merely a one-off in Ann Arbor.
    I’ve never seen the other Williams perform but Dar puts out some great folk tunes.
    With so many artists scheduled for the night we might only get 3 or 4 Lu tunes just like Bridge School.

Here’s a pic of historic Hill Auditorium-capacity > 3,500.
    .[attachment=0:1v8xdk4t]Hill Auditorium Ann Arbor MI room for 3,500.jpg[/attachment:1v8xdk4t]

lwj

tntracy
    Participant

Here’s to hoping Lu & Company do not bypass the SE US again next year! 😯

Tom

musiclover
    Participant

Hoping TnTracy is right! I’m thinking The Ryman, The Alabama Theatre, The Tabernacle, Cobb Energy Center, etc….

Lafayette
    Participant

Oh, happy days!

My road trips have been nil to none for several months. No JM [exception was Farm Aid], no Lu, no Amos.

tntracy
    Participant

In 2 days, it’ll be exactly one year since I last saw Lu. Hard to believe…

Tom

TOverby
    Participant

I can confirm that there will 2-3 weeks of duo shows (Lu + Doug) at the end of Jan into Feb. These will be duo shows -the first one we confirmed was the Ann Arbor Folk Fest for 1/26. I believe we also confirmed Birmingham–it looks like that will be 1/23 but that is brand new info so it could change.
    I don’t expect many shows beyond these -until late spring early summer as we gotta make a record in there somewhere.
    That’s the story right now and I’m stickin’ to it.

musiclover
    Participant

Sounds like a middle of the week road trip to Birmingham in January…..
    Musiclover

stoger
    Participant

@tntracy wrote:

In 2 days, it’ll be exactly one year since I last saw Lu. Hard to believe…

Tom

Birmingham is nothing if not Southern, big boy: see you there!

stoger
    Participant

@LWjetta wrote:

@stoger wrote:

No Fran’s (only in Canada eh!) but Ann Arbor being a University town I’m sure there are umpteen pubs / restaurants nearby Hill Auditorium.
    Just wondering-Michigan straddles the Ontario border so maybe Lu’s Festival appearance is only the beginning of tour 2013 or merely a one-off in Ann Arbor.
    I’ve never seen the other Williams perform but Dar puts out some great folk tunes.
    With so many artists scheduled for the night we might only get 3 or 4 Lu tunes just like Bridge School.

Here’s a pic of historic Hill Auditorium-capacity > 3,500.
    .[attachment=0:slr8sl11]Hill Auditorium Ann Arbor MI room for 3,500.jpg[/attachment:slr8sl11]

lwj

Glad to know this is an INDOOR fest, lwj. And what about the significance of the day, the 26th??!?!?

West Words
    Participant

TNT – you put it out to the universe about needing a southern show, and bam – you got one thrown right back at ya. YAY! 😀

tntracy
    Participant

@West Words wrote:

TNT – you put it out to the universe about needing a southern show, and bam – you got one thrown right back at ya. YAY! 😀

Yeah, how ’bout that?!?!? A mere 3 hour drive to see Lu & Dougie as a duet? If ever there was a “no-brainer” for me, this is it! YEE HAW! 😆

I assume this is “doable” for you, West Words?

@stoger wrote:

Birmingham is nothing if not Southern, big boy: see you there!

Yer durn tootin’, Colorado – “see you there”, indeed! 😉

Now we need to work on Lafayette – a long drive for her, but perhaps she can be persuaded… ❓

Tom

LWjetta
    Participant

@stoger wrote:

Glad to know this is an INDOOR fest, lwj. And what about the significance of the day, the 26th??!?!?

Tell ya what stoger, I’ll bring the cake and you supply the candles, a card AND a backstage pass.

lwj

LWjetta
    Participant

MORE SHOWS as per High Road Touring.

Tix Date City Venue With
    Buy
    Wed Dec 5 ’12 (8:00PM) New York, NY 100% Headline
    Beacon Theatre TBA
    Buy
    Wed Jan 9 ’13 (8:00PM) Solana Beach, CA 100% Headline
    Belly Up Tavern TBA
    Buy
    Fri Jan 11 ’13 (7:30PM) Phoenix, AZ 100% Headline
    Musical Instrument Museum TBA
    Sat Jan 12 ’13 (8:00PM) Flagstaff, AZ 100% Headline
    Orpheum Theater TBA
    Sun Jan 13 ’13 (7:30PM) Albuquerque, NM 100% Headline
    Kimo Theatre TBA
    Buy
    Wed Jan 16 ’13 (8:00PM) Austin, TX 100% Headline
    Paramount Theatre TBA
    Buy
    Fri Jan 18 ’13 (8:00PM) Dallas, TX 100% Headline
    The Kessler Theater TBA
    lwj

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.