2009 SPRING SHOWS- PROPER DATES

FORUM Forums Lucinda Williams Lucinda Shows 2009 SPRING SHOWS- PROPER DATES

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    TOverby
    Participant

The dates are supposed to be uploaded from Lost Highway automatically, but there have been ongoing and frustrating issues with getting the right dates posted. My apologies for the confusion. Here are the proper dates:

2/19 -Dallas – House Of Blues
    2/20 -Austin – La Zona Rosa
    2/21 -Houston -Warehouse Live
    2/23 -New Orleans – House Of Blues
    2/24 -Memphis
    2/25 -Fayetteville Ark (tenative)
    2/27 -Birmingham -Alabama Theatre
    2/28 -Atlanta -Tabernacle
    3/3 -Washington DC -930 Club
    3/4 -Washington DC -930 Club
    3/6 -Philadelphia – Keswick Theatre
    3/7 -Montclair NJ – Wellmont Theatre
    3/8 -Peekskill -Paramount Ctr
    3/10 -Northampton -Calvin Theater
    3/12 -Concord
    3/13 -Burlington -Flynn Theater
    3/14 -Rochester

AUSTRALIA / NZ
    4/1- Melbourne -Hamer Hall
    4/2 -Melbourne -Hamer Hall
    4/4 -Canberra -Canberra Theatre
    4/6 -Sydney -Enmore Theatre
    4/7 -Sydney -Enmore Theatre
    4/9 -Brisbane -QPAC Concert Hall
    4/11 -Byron Bay -Blues and Roots Festival
    4/12 -Byron Bay -Blues and Roots Festival
    4/15 -Wellington NZ -Town Hall
    4/17 -Auckland NZ -Town Hall

DavidinMaine
    Participant

Nice! Excellent information, Tom and please know that I appreciate your efforts/time very much. Hopefully the tentative Concord date will come through (that’s such a great smaller room and it seems to draw a terrific New England crowd) and I can’t help but think that last tentative is the Merrill in Portland-East. Can you throw a brother a bone–is it true in terms of the Merrill?

Sincerely,

David

ripley
    Participant

Hmm. so no Rochester reschedule?

TOverby
    Participant

Rochester will probably be the 3/14 show -but some details are still being worked out, and I anticipate they will be. I am going to edit my original email to add Rochester as I know there are many fans that are still holding tickets.

fuji81
    Participant

Tom,
    Thank you for the dates. Is Rochester truly the last stop before Australia? Should I expect more shows west of Rochester? Or, should I break the news to my wife that I will be hittin’ the road mid-March?

dr winston oboogie
    Participant

Well done Australia and New Zealand…

How about the best Christmas present you could give us….

Europe/U.K.(Scotland) 2009 ???

visions
    Participant

Thanks, I’m in for Montclair, have heard good things about the Wellmont.

TOverby
    Participant

The Rochester show on 3/14 will be the last show before Australia. I also added in the Lake Charles show above-though not confirmed it is probable.
    We received many more offers for shows than we could fit in before leaving for Down Under so I would expect that there will be more US dates in late May/June -probably including an appearance at Bonaroo.
    We hoping to go to Europe in July-but that is still very tenative.

Tim
    Participant

DavidInMaine, I thought that Lucinda’s sound and configuration is not to your liking. Do I detect a change of heart?

dr winston oboogie
    Participant

Thank you very much for the information, it is much appreciated…

Will keep all fingers and toes crossed that July will work out..

TOverby
    Participant

I meant also to mention that I too have been told that the Wellmont is new and a beautiful theater.

stevarino
    Participant

Tim

David in Maine is a closet cheerleader. I guess he’s outed now. Ha ha – just kidding.

I do know he’s a huge music fan, and even a big Lucinda fan. It was refreshing reading a positive note from him. He just has an opinion.

Steve

fuji81
    Participant

Tom,
    Thank you for the tour info. Road trip it is.
    Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays…

DavidinMaine
    Participant

No change of heart here–Still not in love with LWs latest sound, lyrics, tour, and album. If she comes to my ‘hood, I might stop by for a song or two and to see Doug P. Wouldn’t travel, however plus I am still scratching my head in terms of the whole double-dipping with Buick 6. Why not put together a bill that might help with ticket sales and exposure of an up-and-coming band? I remember seeing M. Ward open for Norah Jones a few years back. He was out of control–just as the Jayhawks were some years ago for LWs. Nothing against Buick 6 but I am not going to put much currency into a skilled “cover band.” No closet cheerleading here but I appreciate the vote of confidence although I love most of her music (since the late ’80s of course!).

miket
    Participant

The Wellmont is a nice place to see a show. Not really a “new” theater – but nicely updated from what it was when it closed down as a beat up old movie theater.

I have seen a few shows there already since it re-opened – I only live 15 minutes from the theater – but what one should know is:

The show is General Admission, which means there are no seats at all on the floor if you opt for a General Admission Floor ticket. On the other hand, if you opt for a General Admission Balcony seat, you will get a seat, since the balcony has permanent seats – and the view is great from up there. If you can get a lower balcony seat it is like being about 10 or so rows from the stage with a clear view to the stage. I always opt for GA balcony when going to the Wellmont. There are, though, 1000 seats up in the balcony area so to get a seat in the lower balcony might mean a longer wait in the line to get into the show. (They claim they can fit 1500 on the floor – which could make it tight for standing close to the stage – and not my idea of fun :)).

Also the theater will not allow you to go on the floor if you do purchase a GA Balcony seat, and likewise, you cannot go in the balcony if you have a general admission floor seat.

When they re-opened the Wellmont I said to my wife, that would be a great place to see Lucinda… and lo and behold… Lucinda plays the Wellmont. !!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.