2008 Tour Update

FORUM Forums Lucinda Williams Lucinda Shows 2008 Tour Update

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    jackstraw
    Participant

john cougar melonball may be a big fan but she’s still only
    getting an hour tops.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Right, an hour at most. I look forward to the headlining tour.

swisschris
    Participant

Inside Job:
    Are there any news about some future European concerts?

I e-mailed the German tour organizer for all Lucinda concerts some time ago and he answered that he sent his offer for festival performances this summer in Germany (and Switzerland..) in December 2007 but that he hasn’t received any news from Lucindas management since then…

dr winston oboogie
    Participant

I second that IJ…as you are well aware, early advise of tour dates are very much appreciated to minimise travel and accommodation costs.
    Thanks

Disco Stu
    Participant

Well, I’ll on vacation in northern Wisconsin on the date of the Chicago show, which would be the easiest for me to make it to. Oh well…I’m not sure I’m really interested in seeing Mellencamp – nothing against him, mind you, but my concert budget is a little limited this year and I’d rather see a full Lucinda set. I’ll be very interested to hear about another tour later in the year…the Pabst would be a great place for her to come back to. Or better yet, how about the Barrymore in Madison again?

Tim
    Participant

Thank you for the info, Inside Job. Great news about the headlining tour.

stoger
    Participant

@Tim wrote:

Thank you for the info, Inside Job. Great news about the headlining tour.

I second Tim’s kudos to “Inside Job.” Whether or not he wears a “suit” from day to day is of no interest to me; he seems to be the best member of Lu’s “management team” in awhile now. Though pit bulls may not care, I’m sure there will be several summer headlining shows in addition to the Mellencamp dates–which seem themselves to be more of a natural pairing than some sort of strategic career move. I for one applaud the summer schedule ahead.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It took me a while but I just realized Inside Job gave us a hint about the new album. It went over my head because I was upset about JCM. IJ said LW was going to tour with someone whose name she mentions on the new record. I guess this hint can be used for future tours too. Mention Neil Young on Ventura, open for Neil. Mention JCM on the new record, open for JCM. She could mention Bruce Springsteen on the record after that.

Ooops. I wonder if he meant that it was Leonard Cohen who got mentioned. There goes my theory.

Inside Job
    Participant

I was indeed talking about Leonard Cohen, who is mentioned in the lyrics but does not appear on the record- and neither does JCM.

Inside Job
    Participant

I am told that at this point it is very unlikely there will be any shows in Europe before the end of the year. I was also told that there were a couple of offers but the logistics and timing just didn’t work out for the immediate future.

dr winston oboogie
    Participant

Thanks again IJ, as always appreciate the information, even though it is not always what we want to hear.

padchio
    Participant

Shame about their being no concerts in Europe this year. Maybe all of us in the Uk should club together and pay for Lu to come across – and play in my living room of course. The band can even crash there…

dr winston oboogie
    Participant

Sounds OK to me…

Mines a single with en-suite please, breakfast optional of course..

😆 😆 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.