2008 Tour Update

FORUM Forums Lucinda Williams Lucinda Shows 2008 Tour Update

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    stoger
    Participant

@Lefty wrote:

“…secondary markets in the Northeast…” has got me written all over it!
    😀

Yeah, Lefty, better “secondary” markets in that neck of the woods than “primary” ones ‘cross country which reserve the best seats for the beautiful people, e.g., Humphreys by the Bay, San Diego. Still, I’m pondering the trip. Does anyone find it curious that High Road Touring and Pollstar have this event listed for the first Thursday in September, while Ticketmaster and Humphrey’s own website are saying last Tuesday in August? Hmh. And what of Milwaukee SummerFest? Pre-Tim McGraw or [hopefully] separate from? Let’s hope that info on Lowell and Medford is accurate, however attained. Here’s to Live Lu in ’08. . . .

rosebud
    Participant

Saw her show in Aarhus, Denmark in november 2007. And it was awesome. Still missing show-list from the best concert i Aarhus that year 🙁
    Any plans of touring europe at all in 2008?

Bear
    Participant

NO Lu in 2007-withdrawal is hell…need a fix NOW. I will ride to Medford for their show if need be..but we love you, Baby! Come tear our hearts out with those words so sincere.

Inside Job
    Participant

More shows will be announced soon, including a string of shows in July opening for a recent RR HOF inductee. The San Diego show was originally 9/4 for about a day and then was moved to 8/26. There will also be an appearance at Bumbershoot in Seattle at the end of August.
    No plans for Europe yet.

stellablueee
    Participant

is lucinda going to open for leonard cohen??? omigawd!
    i look at least 3 times a day for the US leonard tour, please say it’s twoo it’s twoo……..lu and leonard??? ha……well if it’s not leonard, i’m starting the rumour!
    lisa

Inside Job
    Participant

Sorry to be a bubble buster but its not Leonard. Although his name is mentioned in the lyrics of one of the new songs.

stellablueee
    Participant

well…then it’s got to be john mellencamp (which will be fun too)
    but i’m gonna bask in the glow of just the mere thought of a leonard/lu show………
    a girl’s got to have a dream……..how about lucinda & dave alvin, that would be fun!
    lookin’ forward to the skirball & mudcrutch at the troubadour, jackie greene, the ash grove show at ucla, and shelby lynne too…

Lefty
    Participant

@Inside Job wrote:

More shows will be announced soon, including a string of shows in July opening for a recent RR HOF inductee. The San Diego show was originally 9/4 for about a day and then was moved to 8/26. There will also be an appearance at Bumbershoot in Seattle at the end of August.
    No plans for Europe yet.

http://www.livedaily.com/news/13996.html

John Mellencamp’s website is now listing his summer tour, with Lucinda announced as opening act for most shows. The site lists 13 shows from July 8-August 2, starting in Philadelphia, ending in Berkeley.

karolina
    Participant

How come we all have to watch other artists websites or myspace pages to see where and when Lu is planning on having a show? Why can’t anyone update Lu’s website so we all know?

Inside Job
    Participant

The tour was officially announced last night at 9pm- the dates should be available on Lucinda’s site sometime today. There will be some other shows also around these which will be listed shortly also. But until they are posted in the Shows section here are the Mellencamp shows:

Mon 7/7/08 PHILADELPHIA, PA MANN MUSIC CENTER
    Tue 7/8/08
    Wed 7/9/08
    Thu 7/10/08 WANTAUGH, NY JONES BEACH
    Fri 7/11/08 HOLMDEL, NJ PNC BANK ARTS CENTER
    Sat 7/12/08
    Sun 7/13/08
    Mon 7/14/08 BOSTON, MA BANK OF AMERICA PAVILION
    Tue 7/15/08 BOSTON, MA BANK OF AMERICA PAVILION
    Wed 7/16/08
    Thu 7/17/08
    Fri 7/18/08 CLARKSTON, MI DTE ENERGY MUSIC CENTER
    Sat 7/19/08
    Sun 7/20/08
    Mon 7/21/08
    Tue 7/22/08 CHICAGO, IL CHARTER ONE
    Wed 7/23/08 CINCINNATI, OH RIVERBEND MUSIC CENTER
    Thu 7/24/08
    Fri 7/25/08
    Sat 7/26/08
    Sun 7/27/08 DENVER, CO RED ROCKS
    Mon 7/28/08
    Tue 7/29/08
    Wed 7/30/08 SANTA BARBARA, CA SANTA BARBARA BOWL
    Thu 7/31/08 LOS ANGELES, CA GREEK THEATRE
    Fri 8/1/08
    Sat 8/2/08 BERKELEY, CA GREEK THEATRE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bummer.

I will be in Los Angeles for the Boston shows and in Boston for the LA shows so I will not get to see LW. The good news is I don’t have to sit through a Chevy commercial after her set.

Tim
    Participant

I’m disappointed with this pairing. I don’t think I want to go to the Boston shows. If Lucinda was the headliner I would; I just am not interested in Johnny Cougar. Lu will play about 45 minutes or so; it’s not worth it to me. I’ll be happy to see her in Lowell; and maybe a week later in Greenfield.
    Carrie Rodriguez was just announced at The Iron Horse in Northampton on June 19, I may make that show, too.
    P.S. I think Lucinda will do these shows with him; but in the fall (especially if the album is out) will do a theatre tour of the US.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Agree Tim. Johnny Cougar should be opening for Lucinda.

Inside Job
    Participant

I think its safe to say there will be a headlining tour beginning at the end of Aug.
    And I think it’s fair to note with all due respect, that Mr. Mellencamp is a very big fan, having covered Lafayette a few albums back– and he has wanted her to open for him for several years.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.