2007 Live At The El Rey CDs

FORUM Forums Lucinda Williams Lucinda Records 2007 Live At The El Rey CDs

• This topic has 30 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by tonyg.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    parkerca
    Participant

Put these CDs on back to back and forgot how amazing they are. So glad these were offered back in 07 (geezus 6 years ago, where does time go?).

tonyg
    Keymaster

Agree they are awesome. I usually play those instead of the studio versions.

jjarrell
    Participant

Where can I get these recordings? I can no longer find them in the store.

TomOverby
    Participant

We are in the process of remastering them and reissuing them. Actually, because they were released instantly at the shows they were never mastered. Some new technology has allowed us to master them for the first time. They are coming soon with much improved sound quality.

jjarrell
    Participant

Thanks for your response Tom.
    This is incredible news! Definitely wasn’t expecting that kind of response. I’ve been searching all over to see if someone would be reselling their copies, maybe on eBay, but then again… I couldn’t imagine a true fan letting go of something like that. I’ll be keeping my eye out.

TomOverby
    Participant

I would wait for the new ones -the sound quality is going to vastly improved. They are coming soon.

jjarrell
    Participant

Any news on these records?

TomOverby
    Participant

Still coming soon -and will sound immensely better

lancruiser
    Participant

Hi Tom,

When you find the time, can you provide any update on the El Rey live CD reissues?

musiclover
    Participant

Tom, Any news on these being ReMastered?

TOverby
    Participant

We are still hoping to get them back out by the end of the year. Remastered is actually a bit of a misnomer as they were never really fully mastered – so now they will actually be mastered

Jack1956
    Participant

Any update on the live cds? I hate to have to spend $50 each on ebay. Thanks!

musiclover
    Participant

Any plans to release these?

TOverby
    Participant

Yes -not quite sure when but we have put them in the very capable hands of Ray Kennedy engineer extraordinaire who is generally cleaning them up and mastering them so they will sound like never before -now we’ve gotta figure out if we have any of the old packaging left but we’re on it.

Orozco
    Participant

Hi, my firts post here!

Please, let it be. I’d like to have these records in my collection.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.